The French Press is a simple way to make coffee for a few people or even one. The resulting cup is a full, heavy body with rich sweetness.
Coffee: 48 grams
Water: 20 oz
Grind: #5.5, medium
Brew Length: 4 minutes
1) Begin to bring water to a boil.
2) Set timer for 4 minutes.
3) Grind coffee and place into French Press.
4) After water has been brought to boil rest for 30 seconds, then pour water to just below the rim. Start timer.
5) After 1 minute, gently stir so all coffee grounds are saturated.
6) Place lid/filter of French Press on the container, make sure filter is submerged just below the surface so coffee grounds remain saturated.
7) After 4 minutes are up, slowly, but firmly press the filter. Decant coffee to keep from over-extraction. Enjoy.