North American Golden Bean 2019 Recap
What is the Golden Bean:
- Similar to the Great American Beer Festival for Craft Beer, the Golden Bean Championships is the largest coffee roasting competition for Specialty Coffee in North America. This year’s Championships were held in Nashville and attracted over 1,500 entries from leading roasters throughout the United States and Canada.
- Competition Categories included Espresso, Espresso w/Milk, Single Origin Espresso, Filter Coffee, and Decaf Coffee.
- To earn a Silver Medal, a coffee has to place in the Top 5 of its category, and to win a Bronze Medal one has to finish in the Top 15.
How did Old Soul Co do?
- Put simply, we KILLED IT! We entered 11 coffees and won 11 medals highlighted by 4 Silver Medals and 7 Bronze Medals. We led all other Sacramento roasters who competed including Temple, Chocolate Fish, and Vanelis.
List of our Winners that we currently have on the shelves:
- Decaf Ethiopia (Silver)
- Nicaragua Los Congos Natural (Silver)
- Costa Rica Carlos Montero White Honey (Bronze)
- El Salvador Loma La Gloria Yellow Honey (Bronze)
- Honduras Luis Nolasco (Bronze)
- The Remedy Espresso (Bronze
Winners that will be coming soon to the Cafes:
- Costa Rica La Chumeca Anaerobic (Silver)
- Ethiopia Daya Bensa Rare Honey Lot (Bronze)
Many Hands. Long Miles. Hard Work Paying Off!